Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 365 - It's The End Of The Road As We Know It...

Still working on the art of taking a photo and posing for one at the same time.

Well peeps...this is it!! Sadly all good things have to come to an end LOL and I am up to Day 365 of my bloggy so this is goodbye...awe it's kinda sad actually.

I know I am well and truly overdue in actually finishing it, but life has been a little crazy of late and I knew that this being my last post I wanted to reflect on the year that has been so it's one of those 'have to be in the right frame of mind' to sit down and do so. Tonight I am home alone, with my baby angel snuggled up next to me after a fabulous girlie weekend, so I know that now is as perfect as any.

I have to say that this year has been one of continual growth and learning...I have always said to people (usually when others surprise me in a BAD way) "you think you know someone..." but I truly believe that that same saying applies to oneself.

We naturally have the way in which we see ourselves as a person, how we handle situations, how we would describe ourselves to others, how we view ourselves as a loved one, a friend, work colleague etc but from everything I have experienced in my now 28 years of life (oh and how that happened I have NO idea...I swear I am still 21) is that given we are forever growing and learning, while we think we know ourselves, that too can change either ever so slightly or boom, in a big way and you go wow ok...this is how it is going to be from now on.

The best thing about the timing of this blog, is that I can honestly tell you I am now truly happy...something that I wasn't a year ago. I have finally 100% let go of everything that I have held onto from previous years, moved on from things that have made me emo and faced everything that has been left unresolved. I finally feel free of all that baggage and as a result...happiness is back in full swing. Yewwwwwwww!! :D

I have concreted my friendships with the most special and beautiful of women even further. Women who I know will be there until the very end and love like sisters. Women I would do anything for and know that they would do the same for me...yes I am getting teary right about now...but those that know me know the importance I place on my friendships.

I have got a fancy pance new job, that consumes WAY too much of my time, but I love, love, love it and honestly couldn't ask for a better more motivating team to work with, who's work ethic mirrors mine. To work for the most amazing global company that is all for the development and growth of my career I do pinch myself at times and go, is this real??

I have laughed till I've literally cried on many occasions thanks to the bellas who forever bring a whole new element into my life. These girls have been such a rock for me these past few years and are so ridiculously important to me. I talk to them pretty much everyday, maybe sometimes too much LOL (#morereadinglesstweeting has kinda died a death) but between them, my other fabulous friends, my loving family and gorgeous Hubs Matt, I really have an incredible support team around me.

I traveled to the UK and Wales with my little Emi and Bro which was so special to me, as I haven't been back in YEARS. To see all of my Mum's side and spend significant time with my dearest Grannie was such a joy and then to top it all off with a visit/stay at our old holiday house Trefelia was totally and utterly amazing and a holiday I will cherish forever.

And then there was Paris. My whirlwind trip to Paris with Tarls was such a dream, gosh what an incredible city...I fell in love with it instantly, like I knew I would, and simply cannot wait to go back there some day. It was stunnnnnnnnnnning and the Eiffel Tower is possibly THE most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on. J'taime.

I celebrated my 10 year anniversary and 1 year wedding anniversary with Matt. He is the most caring, loyal and hilarious man who I love with all my heart, sure he can drive me absolutely bonkers but it just takes him to say some annoying little line that makes me laugh and everything is ok. We have been through SO much together and thankfully it has only made us stronger. I am so lucky to be able to have such an amazing partner in life and cannot wait to see what the next 10 years has install for us. :)

Could not agree more with the famous quote "Dogs are miracles with paws". Monty as you no doubt know is my world, I hope you realise now why I am hopelessly obsessed with him and he has made you laff along the way with his antics. He honestly is the most adorable little Man, who brings so much ridiculous joy into my life. I don't think it is possible for me to love him anymore than I already do. :D

I didn't buy a single moisturiser...yep...the 28 I stumbled across back in my hardcore FFing January, are FINALLY being used up!! LOL There has been SO many times when I have wanted to buy new yummy delights that taunt me on the shelves, but I have been so freaking good that I haven't bought even ONE!! I am proud and feeling awesome about keeping that New Years Resolution and will continue to keep it until they are all gone...I think I am down to 18 or so now...slowly but surely...remember it was the turtle that won the race in the end. ;)

I realised even more so that you just have to do whats right for you. Everyone is different and if something isn't working for you in the way you want it to, then do what it takes to make it that way. Sure you will no doubt be scared that it may be the wrong decision, and hey it sucks when it doesn't work out the way you envisaged, but you also have to be brave enough to know that it may actually be the right step and amazing things may come from it. At the end of the day, life is what YOU make it of it, let anyone else stuff it up for you and its just an excuse...this has been my life motto for as long as I can remember.

Well guys that's it from me. I am thinking I might take a break until next year before I start blogging again, but will keep you posted on that. Thank you SO much for caring enough about me to follow my blog this past year it has been a really fun ride. I have no idea what lies ahead for the next 365 days, but I am ready...and will be smiling. :)

Cuddles and sunshine always and forever...Siany xx

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Love you Sianypie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. nawwwww I'm going to miss reading about your adventures. I love your writing Siany - funny, heartfelt and real. So glad to hear you are happy! Makes my heart smile :)

    you're awesome and I hope you keep blogging!

    Alyda

    ps. for some reason it only lets me sign in as Todd hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe you girls are gorgeous...thanks for your sweet comments...love you both!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Project Happiness done hey? You didn't even need that book..lol. Speaking of books, spoke to a lady today who was heading to an Ashram in India for meditation...reminded me of EPL and you struggling to read past India L4L

    Loved your blog Siany, especially all the pics of your UK/Paris trip and your childhood treasures, incl the Troll Dolls ah ha.

    Ummmm I think Minks and Mojie deserve a shout out! Mojo is filthy at you ;)

    Been great getting to know you and the other girls x

    L4L

    Rach

    PS. Your blog is to me, as the GHD is to Poods.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I am so far behind in catching up with blogs!
    I hope you start to blog again.
    Sad you have finished.
    I wanted to read about your Melbourne trip!
    We need more Monty pics!!

    ReplyDelete