Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Year That Was...The Year To Come



2011 hasn't been the most wonderful of years. It started off ok (if you take away the hideous floods and just fast forward straight to my Japan trip) but then kinda fell about the wayside...kinda like this blog!! LOL Oops.

I truly believe in the saying...life is what you make it, let anyone else stuff it up for you and it's just an excuse. It is MEANT to be my life's mantra and you know what, I haven't stuck to it. I have totally let things get to me, have allowed people stuff it up for me and I have often "sweated the small stuff" despite owning and wholeheartedly believing in that book (*makes mental note to start re-reading a chapter a night again).

When I snapshot my life currently, it is NOT what I want it to be:

1. My work/life balance is absolutely beyond trashed.

2. My healthy mind and body is out the window.

3. My goal-setting has gone, I have literally been focusing on just staying afloat, in this instant, rather than thinking "big picture".

4. Hobbies = non-existent.

5. My friendships haven't been as strong as I want them to be due to lack of time.

6. I don't feel I have achieved anything other than work related things this year.

7. I am a hoarder which absolutely drives me bonkers and often gets me down.

Wow...I rock. No wonder I have lost my sparkle. Looking at this though, all of these points bar #7, I feel have all come about thanks to #1. Proof at how true the saying...one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch is. Man this makes me tear up.

Good points in my life, to stop tearing up:

1. My M's - Matt, Monty, Millie, Mojie, Minki & The Millmans. THE BEST. I am truly blessed. I don't think it's possible to love my family anymore than I do.

2. My gorgeous friends:


  • The forever friends (who have been around for decades and will always be a part of my life despite the time between catch-ups).

  • The constant friends (those who I see and talk to all the time, who get to know my constant trials and tribulations and still come back for more, these are true true friends),

  • The reconnected friends (those who used to be a part of my life who went away for awhile, and are now back).
I would do anything for my mates, like my M's they are the most important things in my life and I love them with all my heart.

3. The fact that Matt and I have had beautiful home for the past 6 years - the first home we ever bought together. I know it isn't our forever home, 2012 might be the year we say goodbye to it, but I do pinch myself at how lucky I am to have such a fabulous place at such a young age...well ok, I was young when I bought it, not so much now. LOL

4. I have a job, money in the bank and have always had all the things I need...and I do have pretty things. :)

5. I have good health despite the stress I put my body through.

6. I got asked to be a Bridesmaid, something I have always wanted to be.

7. I am fully aware of the current not-so-fun state of SianCity and recognise the desperate need for change...this is a good thing and the first step. ;)

Plans for 2012

1. Put work back in it's place. Never again will it own me like it did this year, OMG. No.

2. Be more spontaneous...I am 29 and kinda need to embrace the fact that I am married and childless (by choice) and that this may not be the case forever. 2012 needs to be the ultimate spontaneous year, while it's still easier and we have the excess funds!! LOL

3. Use my pretty things...gosh I am such a "save for a special occasion girl". This year I am going to burn those $100+ candles I got for our engagement party, use the crystal champagne flutes with the Moet bottles that are chilled...and the ones in the wine cellar waiting for I dunno...NYE...on a random weekend, pull out the Gordan Ramsay's and eat 2 minute noodles on them, wear my brightest, prettiest shoes just because and freaking love myself sick for doing so.

4. Forced me time...exercise, yoga, reading, pampering.

5. FF eat your heart out...2012 is the year to cull, cull, cull. I don't want to be a hoarder...I want my show home. I want order. If this isn't happening by mid-year...I will call in The Emi.

6. Plan the funnest 30th that I have been looking forward to since my 21st.

7. Be the bright and sparkly girl I was born to be and people love to be around, far out Siany, what is your problem...get it back!! LOL

2012 = BEST YEAR EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! I think this will totally be the case, because after writing this blogpost...I feel better already!! :D xx

4 comments:

  1. Your plan sounds perfect, Siany. Looking forward to seeing more of that beautiful, sparkly girl that you are xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Sianypie! 2012 will bring bigger and better things for us all, I'm claiming that from the universe now <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2012 will be your year, Siany!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bring on 2012 my love! I wholeheartedly look forward to making more fabulous memories and spending more time together in 2012! This year has been so fab having you in my life! Japan will forever remain an amazing memory of good times, with great friends and lots of laughs... Love you to death xoxo

    ReplyDelete