Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30 - The Hoarder Vs The Show Home

I am loving and hating agreeing to the #FF15 each week. The love of all things neat and tidy and dream of a show home makes me want to cut sick on my things, but the hoarder in me screams noooooooo and makes it SO hard to part with my 'stuff'. LOL Although I am finding some things easier to throw out than I did before which is refreshing. I would however, like to paint a picture though of the angst that someone like me goes through when it comes to letting things go so you can understand a little bit more of what it is like to be a hoarder. LOL

So I came across the pile of old skool kool magazines...dating back to the early to mid 2000's.

The hoarder - instantly moves my mood into that nostalgic feeling, taking me back to the age in which I bought that magazine.

The show home - that magazine is like 5 years old and it is time to throw it out, as it has been 5 years since you even looked at it.

The hoarder - but you have held onto that magazine for these past 5 years, you may like to keep it to re-read it one day.

The show home - but it's old and dated and the fashions have changed and even if you see something you like in the magazine, you can't exactly race out and buy it.

The hoarder - but maybe it would be cool to keep old skool kool magazine so my kids can have vintage magazines to love when they are old enough to understand fashion.

The show home - FFS THROW THE MO FO MAGAZINE OUT.

The hoarder - okay show home, you win, this time.

All you "Mad Chucker Emi's" out there may laugh at this, but I am deadly serious that this is the sort of mentalness that goes through my head when I am FFing anything. I mean the above is just an example of magazines...you have NO idea when it is a childhood item or something of hardcore significance the hoarder and the show home can be going at it for hours before making a decision!! It's effing exhausting!! LOL xx

2 comments:

  1. Cute post Siany!
    I cannot part with childhood things, and even have trouble parting with an In Style that is a year old. I don't buy too many things anymore and don't have countless bags and shoes, because I always just have a favourite or select few and stick with it for years. I have had the same wallet since 2001 LOL. I have found decluttering/downsizing easier when I ask myself questions while shopping like "Do I need this book when I already have 6 to read at home?" and then I put the book down and say to myself I will buy it when I am done with the others, otherwise stuff just builds up and up and sits there unused. I have found I really appreciate what I own now and don't buy the latest pinky rose lipstick when I already have ten the same. I still love shopping and things though, I am just not as excessive. All my childhood treasures are in boxes and I cannot part with them yet, I think it is nice to keep them and if you have room, why not? :) I think I might need therapy if someone made me chuck my Sweet Valley Books or Strawberry Shortcakes figurines LOL. Siany, your post has inspired me to FF again, I so far have only found one book...that's it! I might FF my old knickers ha ha. I still have bras from over ten years ago praying one day I will fit into them again LMAO. I think it's fab to pick up an object and it takes you back. I just have to maybe keep my favourites?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend not to buy too much anymore either, which I often wonder whether that is why I hold onto things more-so than other people?? Like I literally wear things until they fall apart, re-heel/re-sole things a million times over, use things till they break etc. I dunno. I just hate throwing things out that are still in working order. LOL I am mental. I just need to be more ruthless about whether I will actually ever use/wear/read/make something with what I have more than I am. LOL Get your FF on Junkie McJunks...you love it. xx

    ReplyDelete