Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 4 - Mac Truck Moment

Tonight I watched the most amazing, eye-opening yet extremely sad speech by animal activist Gary Yourofsky. It was a really powerful argument for the vegan cause and made me feel so unbelievably guilty and sick for not being more aware of what is happening in this world, and I guess for being totally naive to a lot of things; especially when it comes to the dairy industry. To me seeing this and hearing what Gary had to say was my "mac truck" moment to take an even bigger step to a cruelty-free life.

Tomorrow I will embark on the road to veganising my life. Slow and steady win's the race so it's not too overwhelming and hard, especially because I am a bit of a novice in the old kitch. The first thing I will do is start by eliminating dairy from my life, first up milk. The dairy industry is one of the cruelest industries alongside sow stalls and I just can't cope with supporting it, it absolutely sickens me. Sure if cute animal loving Mr & Mrs Farmer Jones were running the show it'd be a whole different ball game, but sadly they are not. :(..

If you have a moment, I have linked his speech below...Gary does hundreds of appearances a year at Universities all across America and is very captivating and honest. I cannot recommend it enough as he brings up loads of very interesting points, some that are really hard to take that might even change your life. ;) xx

Watch The Gary Yourofsky Speech

No comments:

Post a Comment