Still as tropical and as fantastic looking as ever!!Ahhh Lady Elliot Island (LEI)...still the same fabulous vision when flying in. Still the same coral mixed with guano smell. LOL Let me explain one thing about LEI. I think it would be safe to say that it possibly has more bird-life on it than the rest of Australia has put together!! Okay...I exaggerate slightly, but seriously, it has a ridiculous amount of birdlife. It is definitely not what you would call a "peaceful" Island, because there is no rest for the birds and silence to them, is anything but golden. But in a way, that is what is so fabulous about the place, it's endless buzz of bird and marine life.
To paint a picture, so you don't think I am telling porkies because my lazing in the sun was interrupted by say a few little birds. There is seriously a freaking truckload.
Would you like some tree with your birds?? Epic Lolz
A typical sight when walking around the place, groups of birds just chillin'
First in, best nest.
Baby chickie!!
To paint a picture, so you don't think I am telling porkies because my lazing in the sun was interrupted by say a few little birds. There is seriously a freaking truckload.
Would you like some tree with your birds?? Epic Lolz
A typical sight when walking around the place, groups of birds just chillin'
First in, best nest.So I guess if you have a bird-phobia maybe give LEI a miss...there is simply NO escaping them...but they are sooooooo hilarious and so fabulous for those who don't mind the odd bird here and there.
While we are on the topic of birdies...look what we had outside our chalet!!
These little guys are Red Tailed Tropicbirds and LEI is one of the very few places in the world that you will see them nesting on the ground. I am not a birdy person by any means, but I truly appreciate, respect and love the Animal Kingdom and being able to witness something rare like this only 1 metre away from where our balcony starts sparks huge emotions with me. I enjoyed watching this little cutie daily...bless. xx
While we are on the topic of birdies...look what we had outside our chalet!!
These little guys are Red Tailed Tropicbirds and LEI is one of the very few places in the world that you will see them nesting on the ground. I am not a birdy person by any means, but I truly appreciate, respect and love the Animal Kingdom and being able to witness something rare like this only 1 metre away from where our balcony starts sparks huge emotions with me. I enjoyed watching this little cutie daily...bless. xx


No comments:
Post a Comment