Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 278 - Guilford & Hankley Common

Today we woke up early and went and met my Uncle Robbie for a walk with his nugget of a dog Bodger, a gorgeous white Bull Terrier. I have been having Monty withdrawals, so any furkid interaction I am all for, so walking Bodgie and seeing his cheeky and playful little nature, similar to Weeties, made me happy and laff. The walk around Guilford just down the road from Robbie’s was totally lush and had the crisp English air that I have been craving.

Afterwards we went back to Robbie’s for a coffee and look around. It had been 15 years since I had seen Noel and his lovely home. They have a Grannie flat next to their house, where Noel’s Mum lived. Sadly she passed away at the beginning of the year, so they have deceided to convert the Grannie flat into a B n’ B. I had a quick look in and it has been half gutted for the reno’s, which is really exciting project for them. :)

I always used the expression of "turn a molehill into a mountain" when it comes to people complaining about something small as if its the end of the world...the photos below will give you perspective of the actual size of a molehill. ;)

In the afternoon we all went for a walk in Hankley Common which is England's big Army training grounds not far from my Aunt’s house. There was a mammoth fire coming from the woods surrounding it which was a little concerning, but there were lots of helicopters flying above it, so hopefully it all got under control. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment