I have SUCH fond memories of Trefelia as a child, when all of Emi's family would go there on holidays especially Easter and the likes...it was always such a fabulous time for us kiddies as Trefelia is acres of ridiculously green farmy goodness, lush woodlands, gorgeous trickling streams and just picturesque "back to nature".

As kids we used to stop off at Little Chef everytime we were on the way to Wales, so naturally, my Brother and I had to keep up the tradition. :)
It has been 15 years since I last went to Wales and as my Brother so affectionately puts it...Trefelia is a place that dreams are made of...so I cannot tell you how ecstatic I was that we were going to be visiting there and staying in the cottage just over the common green. :D
We couldn't wait to go walking around the fields after over 4 hours of driving, so we donned the wellies, coats, scarves, jackets, beanies and into the 'typical' Welsh weather and wonderland we went.
When I was a little kid, I had a wild imagination, I still do, but I always remember thinking that the moss was a tree's version of a jumper and that the older and bigger the tree got the more 'jumper' it would receive...seeing the moss completely covering the trees and stones instantly brought back that memory of mine...awe...all the trees and stones are at least warm now!! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment